SOML Program for Results (PforR) is a Federal Government of Nigeria maternal and child health program, supported by the World Bank to provides incentives based on achievement of results (health outcomes) and helps to drive institutional processes needed to achieve these results.
The SOML Initiative was launched by the President of Nigeria in October 2012 in response to the poor health outcomes in the country, particularly for mothers and children. SOML represents a bold attempt to improve maternal and child health outcomes so that they are more in keeping with the country’s level of wealth. It also intends for the health sector to contribute to the economic and social development of Nigeria instead of being a drag on growth.
The program focuses on six important aspects (“pillars”) of maternal newborn and child health (MNCH) that can save lives and two ‘enablers’ . The pillars are: (1) Improving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health; (2) Improving routine immunization coverage and achieving polio eradication; (3) Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV; (4) Scaling up access to essential medicines and commodities; (5) Malaria control; (6) Improving child nutrition. The two enablers include (7) strengthening logistics and supply chain management and (8) promoting innovation and use of technology to improve health services.
TCG members are expected to meet on quarterly basis and shall be responsible for ensuring that the programs remain focused on results, data (survey and administrative) is regularly analyzed in detail, and that the issues identified are addressed. While PMU will serve as the secretariat for the TCG and also responsible for for day to day implementation of the program.
Hon Commissioner charged all the Committees to be transparent, Accountable and work hard towards the realisation of the program objectives.
The TCG membership has:
- Dr Garba Ahmed – Chairman
- Dr. Barminus A. Gayus – Member
- Dr. Hammad B Pariya – Member
- Pharm. Mansur Suleiman – Member
- Mr. Peter Teru Baza – Member
- Mrs. Amina Mohammed - Member
- Mr. Saleh Shelleng - Member
- Mr. Mohammed Bello Hamman – Secretary
Program Management Unit
- Mr. Mohammed Bello Hamman – Desk Officer
- Alh. Muktar Mohammed Mayo – Program Officer incharge of Nutrition and HIV/AIDS
- Dr. Attahiru Bello – Program Officer incharge of Immunization, Family planning and MCH
- Mr. Benjamin Nashon Gubi – Program Officer incharge of Malaria
- Abubakar Abana – Monitoring and evaluation officer
- Mr. Ayuba Reuben – HMIS Officer
- Abubakar Mohammed – Communication Officer
- Mr. Habert Teri – Accountant
Financial Management Team
- Mrs. Ezra Pwakazumeno – initiator I
- Mrs. Emily Hardly – initiator II
- Mr. Ayuba Bagi Tsakuma – reviewer I
- Mr. Habert Teri – reviewer II
- Mr. Mohammed Bello Hamman – Final approver I
- Pharm. Mansur Suleiman – Final approver II
BY Abubakar Mohammed
Ministry of Health
0 comments Blogger 0 Disqus
Post a Comment