The Adamawa State Ministry of Information and Strategy has organised a Three Days Retreat for Its Management Staff and Agencies under the Ministry.
Addressing the participants at the conference hall of Zavon Hotels and Suites in Zing Local Government Area of Taraba State, the Honourable Commissioner ministry of Information and Strategy Comrade Ahmad Ibrahim Sajoh said the managerial Retreat was organised to design the 2018 Road map for managing Information, Communication and Effective interface between the public and the government, pointing out that the year 2018 is going to be a very busy year for both politics and Governance.
According to Comrade Ahmad Sajoh, the Retreat shall look at all aspects of performance and create new Templates for over coming the challenges confronting the Information sector in the year 2018 and identies gaps in meeting set targets that mitigated effective performance in order to achieve success.
He also viewed that the Information Managers must develop new skills and competence that will meet up with the demands of the new challenges arising from such intense political and governance activities.
In his remarks, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Alhaji Adamu Musa Kallamu explained that the Training and Re training of staff of the ,ministry and it's agencies is to make them more effective, efficient and competent in the performance of their mandate as ministry of Information and Strategy, adding that Top Civil servants in the Information sector must be confident and ready to face the challenges that are inherent in the modern day Information management.
He however said that the Retreat will also identifies areas of achievement, weakness and prospects in order to come up with an action plan based on the ministry and Agencies priority as contained in the 2018 Budget.
At the end of the Retreat participants have unanimously agreed and considered the following Resolutions as per Departments /Organisations :
Department of Information:
* Production of IEC materials for public enlightenment.
* Building of Synergy between the Department and Government Printing Press.
* Constant monitoring of Adamawa Daily Reports both online and Hard copies.
* All media Houses are to contribute to Adamawa Daily Reports.
* Ensure prompt monitoring and enforce monthly meeting of Information Officers .
* Reactivate all Zonal Information Centres to save as hub where all activities of all agencies domiciled for effective service delivery.
I C T Department :
* Draft state I C T policy
* Draft Law to support and establishment of state Information Technology Development Agency (SITDA ) to liaise with the National Agency ( NITDA).
* Create state social media platform and train worriors to run the platform.
* Liaise with all government media outfits on ICT related issues Information Dissemination.
* Develop and Maintain state government Website.
* Strengthen Graphics Arts Unit with Staff and modern facilities.
FILMS AND CENSORSHIP DEPARTMENT :
* Draft Law to support the establishment of Video Films and Censorship Board.
* Produce Films to propagate Government Programmes and policies.
ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT :
* Provides staff Data Analysis Department by Department including Agencies.
*Design a comprehensive training Templates /Calender for the staff of the ministry and it's agencies.
* Capture and avail all Training Opportunities that will add values to the Ministry.
* Timely processing promotion and Training of staff within the context of Civil Service Rules.
DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS :
* Ensure timely Directive to enable agencies act on time during Yearly Budget preparation.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND SUPPLY :
* Timely release of funds when approval granted to facilitate prompt lmplementation of activities.
* To Design mechanism for prompt retirement of cash advances granted to officers .
* ADAMAWA BROADCASTING CORPORATION ( ABC YOLA ).
* Conceptualise and produce new programmes that will promote Governor Bindow 's Achievements.
* Produce additional Transmitter for ABC Yola.
* Advocate for additional monthly Running Cost (applicable to all state owned media houses).
* Draw Time table for ministerial Media parley to facilitate presentation of Government score cardinals all sectors.
ADAMAWA TELEVISION CORPORATION (ATV Yola ).
* To prepare and submit a position paper for onward submission to Ministry on Booster station in Ganye and Gombi stations .
* Replacement of UPS Batteries to save the life of the only existing Transmitter at the base station.
* Liaise with PCNI to facilitate procurement Transmitter at Michika Booster station .
* Completion of Mubi Booster station within the first Quarter of 2018 .
ADAMAWA PRESS LIMITED ( APL).
* Completion of renovation work of the Administrative block at the APL Yola.
Need to device means for market expansion to boost IGR .
* Delivery complementary copies of the Scope newspaper to Adamawa Elites in Abuja as a means of disseminating of Information about the Government.
GOVERNMENT PRINTING PRESS ( GPP Yola ).
* Draft position paper to seek state Executive Council Approval for MDA'S to patronize GPP services this include the House of Assembly and Judiciary.
* All Staff who brings in commercial advert at the Approved commercial rate should be given 15 % as commission so as to boost their morale, this applicable to all state owned Media Houses ( ABC, ATV, ATVPL, AND GPPY ).
Earlier the participants have paid a courtesy visit on the Kpanti Zing His Royal Highness Alhaji Suleiman Ibrahim Sambo and the Council Chairman where the Honourable Commissioner had told the Royal father that the delegation was at his domain for a Three Days Retreat because of the prevailing peace existing in the area and solicited for the support and blessings of the Monarch for the Retreat.
While responding, Kpanti Zing His Royal Highness Alhaji Suleiman Ibrahim Sambo assured the participants of the palace support and cooperation for the successful Retreat, pointing out that Adamawa and Taraba states are like Twin brothers and hope that the cordial relationship will continue to exist.