OFFICE OF THE HONOURABLE MINISTER
Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
As we join our counterparts all over the world to celebrate the 2018 Eid El Fitr, I send you very warm greetings and felicitations on behalf of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA).
2. As we are aware, our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters have in the last one month dedicated themselves to the worship of Almighty Allah during the Holy month of Ramadan.
3. As usual, the period comes along with significant lessons on self-denial through abstinence from eating, drinking and engaging in other personal pleasures solely for the sake of Allah. These are in keeping with the injunctions of the Holy Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
4. Indeed, these lessons become particularly relevant for us in the Federal Capital Territory as we work towards forging unity and harmonious co-existence among the residents, irrespective of religious beliefs and ethnic backgrounds.
5. The FCT, as we all know, is a melting pot of all segments of the Nigerian population and we take pride in our rich diversity. Let us therefore continue to respect and tolerate one another, irrespective of our religion, tribe, and political leanings, as it is only by so doing that we can truly call our city the Centre of Unity.
6. It is my sincere prayer that the Almighty Allah will reward our sacrifices during the Holy Month of Ramadan with all the bounties which He has promised to bestow on His servants who observed the month by fasting with sincere devotion.
7. I therefore, sincerely enjoin us all to continue to pray for our President for good health and wisdom to continue in his set mission of ensuring the security of lives and property as well as entrenching probity and development in the country.
8. I wish all FCT residents happy Eid El Fitr celebration and pray that Almighty Allah will continue to bless the FCT with peace and prosperity. Ameen.
9. Once again, Happy Eid to all of you.
MUHAMMAD MUSA BELLO