Performing the inaugural ceremony the deputy Governor said The commitee is saddled with the responsibility of generating baseline data on physically challenged, the out of school and Almajiri Children in the State; in line with the resolutions of the 62nd National Council on Education (NCE) Meeting with a view to advising the Government on the most ideal funding and implementation strategy to adopt.
To identify relevant MDAs and development partners who are willing to partner with the Government in the development of Education in the State.
To come up with a sustainable strategy of funding the Education of vulnerable group in particular and the entire population in general in line with the approved state policy on education.
To assess the situation of the existing Girls only Regional Secondary Schools along Yola Fufore Road and the Tsangaya Schools at Digil, Maiha, Michika, Mayo-Bewa, Mubi North, Song, Kofare and Yolde Pate that lie waste on how best the structures and equipments could be utilized in the interest of children's Educational Development, the National Security and Cohesion.
The Deputy Governor addeded that the committee members were selected based on their record of proven integrity.
On his part the Commissioner of Education thank the council for finding them worthy to serve in the committee and also seek the support of the Government to carry out the task as clearly specified in their terms of reference.
Members of the committee include the:-
- Secretary to the State Government -Chairman
- Honourable Commissioner of Education -Alternative Chairman/Member
- Commissioner for Higher Education -Member
- Commissioner of Local Government and Chief Affairs -Member
- Commissioner for Information and Strategy -Member
- Executive Chairman ADSUBEB -Member
- Executive Secretary ADSAME -Member
- Executive Secretary PPSMB -Member
- Permanent Secretary Ministry of Education -Member/Secretary
Min. of Education