BY The Editorial
November 18th, 2015
The Adamawa State Security Committee attended by all Service Commanders in the State and presided over by the His Excellency the Executive Governor Senator Muhammed Umar Jibrilla has met today Wednesday 18th November, 2015 and resolved as follows:-
1. That after evaluating the unfortunate Bomb blast of Tuesday the 17th, the Committee calls on the people of the State to increase their vigilance and security consciousness.
2. All markets in the State Capital are to close by 600pm. No market should operate beyond 6:00pm.
3. There will be restrictions in the operations of relaxations joints and night-live activities as may be dictated by Security Agencies.
4. There will be a stakeholders Security Training programme to be coordinated by Security Agents on the 23rd of November, 2015 and State Security Summit to take place on the 10th of December, 2015.
5. The general public is called upon to be mindful of unnecessary gatherings and congestions at pay points in Banks and other places such as viewing centres, Cinema Houses and Sporting Areas.
6. Heads of Educational Institutions are directed to ensure safety of the Students in their schools by putting extra measures to ensure improved security in all schools in the State.
7. The Committee commends the measures taken by religious leaders in Churches and Mosques and calls on them to continue with such measures without relaxing them.
8. The Committee promises to establish dedicated security telephone lines so that the public can report security matters.
Finally Government appeals for understanding from the public since these measures are just temporary meant to stabilise the situation.